After pulling a double shift, Mario risks his own life when he follows Willis to a construction site where two brothers are trapped on a crane 300 feet above the ground. Also, Leanne treats the wife of an orthopedist from Angels Memorial who is brought into the ER with mysterious injuries.
- Marcia Gay Harden as Dr. Leanne Rorish
- Boris Kodjoe as Dr. Will Campbell
- Melanie Chandra as Dr. Malaya Pineda (credit only)
- William Allen Young as Dr. Rollie Guthrie
- Harry Ford as Dr. Angus Leighton
- Benjamin Hollingsworth as Dr. Mario Savetti
- Jillian Murray as Dr. Heather Pinkney (credit only)
- Luis Guzmán as Jesse Sallander
- Rob Lowe as Col. Ethan Willis
- John Billingsley as Mr. Hazelton
- Noah Gray-Cabey as Dr. Elliot Dixon
- Emily Tyra as Dr. Noa Kean
- Ned Schmidtke as Dr. Ross Blackwell
- Roxanne Hart as Judith Blackwell
- Mark Adair-Rios as Jorge Delgado
- Brec Bassinger as Emma Easton
- Emily Alyn Lind as Ariel Braeden
- Luis Jose Lopez as Robbie Delgado
- Annamarie Kenoyer as Brianna Hazelton
- Susie Abromeit as Lily Blackwell
- Ashley Boettcher as Olivia Jones
- Catherine Christensen as Kathryn Jones
- Jim Garrity as Fire Chief
- Chris Gann as Firefighter
- Justin Paul as Construction Worker
- Elijah Nelson as Ira
- Juan Alfonso as Medic #1
- Aris Mendoza as Medic #2
- Joshua Keller Katz as Medic #3
- Greg Mills as News Reporter
- Adaligiza Chermont as Drunk Women
A drunk woman was in the ER with a large boil on her neck. Elliot lanced it so it could drain. He also said he'd give her antibiotics and she'd need to get it checked in a couple days.
- Eye irritation
- Throat irritation
- Breathing treatment
Emma, 14, came into the ER after pepper spray was put in the HVAC of the classroom she was in. It burned her eyes and throat. They used soda to relieve the pain in her eyes. She was later told that there was no permanent damage to her eyes and the pain would subside.
- Eye irritation
- Broken leg
Olivia, 14, had burns to her throat after exposure to pepper spray. Her leg was also broken and displaced because she got trampled in the panic. They used traction to reduce her leg back into place. She was told she'd need to use crutches for a few weeks, then she'd need minor surgery.
- Respiratory distress
- Continuous breathing treatment
Mr. Hazelton came into the ER in respiratory distress after exposure to pepper spray. He had a history of asthma and the pepper spray exacerbated it. They gave him a breathing treatment and intubated him. He later developed an arrhythmia because of his breathing treatment. They were able to convert his rhythm and shock him back to sinus.
- Crush injuries
Jorge was trapped by a construction drum up on a crane. It was pushing down on his chest, crushing him. They weren't able to move the cable to relieve any of the pressure, so they had to amputate his brother's arm on the other end so they could lift the drum and release him. Then they took him to the hospital.
- Crushed arm
Robbie, 32, was trapped on a construction site. His arm was trapped and bleeding. In order to save Robbie and Jorge, they had to amputate Robbie's arm. Once his arm was amputated, they pulled him out and took him to the hospital. On the way to the hospital, he developed an air embolism, so they moved him onto his side to buy them time to get him to the hospital. He went into arrest before they arrived. In the ER, they ran a catheter into his heart to remove the air. They were successful and he stabilized. He later woke up.
- Blunt head trauma
- Scalp laceration
Judith, 63, was found unconscious at the bottom of the stairs in her house. She had head trauma and a bleeding scalp laceration. She also smelled heavily of alcohol. She said her hands had hurt from arthritis, so she took a percocet and then had wine with dinner. Her husband asked to take her home quickly, but Leanne insisted on keeping her for tests. Her CT showed several old fractures that indicated abuse. Judith denied any abuse. It later came out that she was being beaten by her daughter.
Ira was in the hospital after exposure to pepper spray.
- Carotid artery dissection
Ross had what looked like a stroke in the ER. An ultrasound showed carotid artery dissection. He also had bruising on his chest from being beaten. They had to give him TPA at the site of the clot to break it up. They were able to break up the clot and he recovered.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode scored 5.68 million viewers.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|#01||"Second Year"||#07||"What Lies Beneath"||#13||"Unfinished Business"|
|#02||"Life and Limb"||#08||"1.0 Bodies"||#14||"Vertigo"|
|#03||"Corporeal Form"||#09||"Sleight of Hand"||#15||"The Devil's Workshop"|
|#04||"Demons and Angels"||#10||"Ave Maria"||#16||"Fallen Angels"|
|#06||"Hero Complex"||#12||"One in a Million"|